Not since the iconic Country band Twang Villa has there emerged a new powerful source of Country Music. Now, in the form of
The Steve Bartel Band, boasting two icons of the original Twang Villa, singer Steve Bartel and drummer Bernie Fenwick, having combined with the talents of Craig Stringer, Peter Brown, Wal Pawlik and Paul O’Bryan, there is a new sound in Country.
Playing a heady mix of foot stomping covers and original music they will keep you dancing with soaring ballads and kicking rock.
TSBB has gained a solid reputation as the South Australia’s premier Country Music, Dance, Party and Show Band.
The members of the TSBB are no strangers to the performing world, with over 75 years combined experience. This includes playing in
numerous bands, session work to laidback duos. The chemistry that has evolved from these guys coming together is amazing.
The release of their very successful debut album “Time Will Tell”, TSBB received critical acclaim from Country radio stations around Australia
Following on from the “Time Will Tell” album, Their Single, “So Go On”, released in late 2016 peaked at Number 3 on the Tasmanian Independent Top 30 Charts.
The Band has had some great success with Nigel Jones and Tyga Fm’s Tasmanian Independent Country Music Top 30 Charts.
- Their Hit Fixed Plant Blues Reached #1 and was on the charts for 17 weeks
- Little Sister reached # 2 and was on the charts for 15 weeks
- So Go On reached # 3 and was on the charts foe 9 weeks
- Is It Love? (Or Is It The Beer) reached # 1 and was in the charts for 17 weeks
- Fallin’ & Flyin’ reached # 7 and was in the charts for 9 weeks
- Bailey Street reached # 1 in in the charts and was in for 15 weeks
- TSBB were nominated for “Best Group” in the Tasmanian Independent Country Music Awards for 2016 making the final 6 amongst other great acts such as The McClymonts, The Wolfe Brothers and The Adam Eckersley Band.
- They were also nominated for the 2019 Awards and are also Finalists again for 2020.
The Band has recently released their Second Album “Bailey Street” featuring 11 original songs written by the band.
The Bailey Street Album shows the diverse influences of the band and covers everything from Country Rock, Rockabilly and laid back Ballads.
TSBB is a band that is driven by their passion for Country Music, and their unyielding desire to create and entertain.
It is that intensity that is captured every time The Steve Bartel Band steps on stage.